Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Perception Matters...


I always respect people for who they are. I do my best to be non-judgmental. Sometimes if I had criticized or judged someone, I would later correct myself saying that I don't have any right to comment on other's choices and decisions.

As human beings we do have a weakness to find fault with others rather than look onto ourselves. However, I am quick in correcting myself and change my perception therefrom. I believe that perception counts a lot in the way we look at ourselves and others.

I am sure none of us will have a bad or wrong perception of the self. But when it comes to our perception of others, we are quick to find fault. If we can only see that each individual as a person is capable of making decisions and choices that best fits them, then I guess we will be less judgmental and will not be bothered by others decisions and choices.

Unless others decisions or choices does not affect me directly, I choose to remain secluded and not respond. However, when others decisions, choices, behavior and communications do affect us by having a direct impact on our personal or professional life, then we tend to respond with anger and accusation.The better way  to respond in my perception would be to talk it out to the concerned person if possible. Otherwise it is ideal not to react to the concerned individual and share it with someone trustworthy.

I always choose to share my concerns with God and leave the matter with Him believing that my God not only teaches me the path of righteousness and justice but will also do the needful for me when I am wronged. So in a way I still choose not to judge and criticize people who have wronged me. I am aware that this is a tough thing to do, but I have learned to do so because this helps me to be in peace.

I know who I am and what others think of me really doesn't matter. However, this attitude of mine doesn't make me look at others with contempt. I am not plagued with a superior ego or with an inferior self-identity. And hence I look at others the same way (with respect). However, I don't stand when people display pride, arrogance, hypocrisy and contempt. But again I choose to keep off from such people so that I neither become judgmental nor choose to confront them for their conduct.

No comments:

Post a Comment