Sunday, July 22, 2012

I am Who I am...

This new blog which I am starting today is more of a personal narration. The purpose of this blog is to share my views and perception about life, faith and everything relative to it. I am no preacher, but definitely I am a writer which I believe is by His grace.

In this blog I may share positive attributes of my faith and some negative aspects of Christianity which may sound a little skeptical to some people. However, I would like to acknowledge that this is wholly my perspective and in no way am I offending anybody's view or perception.

To begin with, I would like to brief a little about my faith and my perception of it. I don't want to tag myself as "a Christian" or "a believer". In simplest terms I would like to describe myself as a person in whose life "Jesus Christ" has made (and still making) all the difference...

My personal goal in life is this...

I want to be crucified with Christ so that it is no longer I live but Christ lives in me. And this life which I live in my body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loves me still (as I believe from His Word) and gave Himself for me (paraphrasing Galatians 2:20)

The very reason why I don't want to carry a tag as a believer or a Christian, is that there are so many people in this world who carry a tag but they seldom live a life worthy of the tag. So I chose to refrain having tags as such. Besides, I do not believe in preaching the gospel but believe in living the gospel to my best possible awareness and strength. I know it is a challenge but that challenge is no excuse for not living a life worthy of the grace due to which we say we are saved. I believe it is possible to live the gospel by His strength.

When I accepted the Lord16 years before, I was sure of the purpose of the One I was going to follow and the outcome therefrom. I knew that the very purpose of being chosen by God was to make me (and us) more like that of His Son Jesus. Rom 8:28-29 (NIV) [28.... who have been called according to his purpose.29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son]

For me blessings has never been an attraction element for choosing Christ. When I chose Him, I knew that He could make a better person...I know that He would help me grow up and be more like Him. I was sure that He would be able to instill His attributes and His personality in me (as long as I chose to yield to Him). As far as blessings is concerned I see it as an outcome of the relationship, the Lord has with me. When an earthly father knows to give the best to his children, how much more a heavenly Father?

I really don't think, I need to nag, be adamant and claim my blessings. Am I sounding like a saint here?Well, I am not one. I do ask my heavenly Father for my needs. I do share my disappointments, anxieties and frustrations that I face in life with Him. But I don't see that I need to be too concentrated on my needs or blessings which will make me look like a immature child.

To be honest, I was like that before...nagging, pestering or even demanding towards God. But I realized that I don't need to be. I need to grow up, know my Father well, and rest in Him believing that He will do His best for me. As a mother, when I know how to take care of my child's needs, I believe He knows much more than I do...He is aware of my sincere longings. He knows my heart's ache. He is able to empathize and I believe He will do the needful...

I have much more to say...but to begin with I am starting simple...my faith. If anyone wants to comment on this blog, you are invited to do so...positive, negative, anything...I assure you it will not put me down...See you later...

Bye
Irene

4 comments:

  1. I see a straight forward message here... Am i able to showcase a difference in me being a follower of Christ before i start sharing about him... What difference is it going to be otherwise...

    Help me Lord me be able to reflect your image in me...

    This is a good start... Let the posting keep coming

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog reveals that you are a matured Christian doing His will. It reminds me of the famous saying, "Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand, but I know who holds tomorrow and I know who holds my hands" Continue to bring out many such blogs. Definitely it will be an eye-opener to many so called Christian believers.
    Jerry, Cbe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments Jerry na.

    ReplyDelete