Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Grave Danger...

One of the grave dangers some of us may be practicing subconsciously is the danger of negative self-fulfilling prophecy. People whose self-image depends on acceptance of others are already in the slimy pit of damaging self-image. Each of us have a self-image of our own. Predominantly, most of us have a good self-image. People whose self-image depends on meeting the expectation and acceptance of others are unknowingly and constantly making efforts to meet up to the expectations and standards of others as it causes them to 'feel good' about themselves.

When others reactions towards them is negative then their self-image is shaken causing them to think what wrong they did to receive negative reactions from others. Their thought process is something like: 'I was good to them, why are they reacting differently or indifferently to me? What wrong did I do to them?' These kind of questioning may affect their self-confidence, self-esteem and in turn their self-image.

In order to have a positive and healthy image...one has to adopt the following thinking pattern...

I know who I am. I am responsible for my decisions and choices. I don't have negative or unhealthy attitudes and intentions towards others. My significant others (people in my inner circle) knows me and loves me for whom I am. I have a positive and healthy image about myself. In spite of all this... if people around me or relating to me do not like me or treat me indifferently, I am not going to be affected. My self-image does not depend on others acceptance of me as a person.

Accept and Love for being the Person You are...

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment